Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone receive an email from Honda regarding joining in on a "Honda SmartCharge Low Carbon Fuel Standard program" ?

Email from Honda says:
"Honda would like to pay you for charging it and reduce the carbon footprint of your electric driving by purchasing matching renewable energy!

Here’s how it works: Honda will pay you $10 simply for signing up for our Honda SmartCharge Low Carbon Fuel Standard program. If you are eligible to participate, you will have the opportunity to earn additional rewards based on where you charge and how much you charge your Clarity. Since the electricity from the grid used to charge your Clarity may not be 100% clean, by participating in our LCFS program, Honda will purchase clean renewable energy to match your Clarity charging!

Simply click the button below, sign up, and earn money for doing what you do anyway – charging your Clarity.

Your VIN is:...."

·
Registered
419 Posts
I bet this is only in California as this gives Honda a way to accrue CARB credits.

Reactions: 4sallypat and Kerbe

·
Registered
3 Posts
I received that same e-mail this past week. It was funny since it knew my VIN but I own a hydrogen fuel cell Clarity. The link was asking where I go to "charge" the car as a primary and secondary site. Since it technically is charging while in my driveway(albeit from hydrogen), I said it charges at home. The sign up concluded and that was that last I heard about it.

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Super Moderator
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I received that same e-mail this past week. It was funny since it knew my VIN but I own a hydrogen fuel cell Clarity. The link was asking where I go to "charge" the car as a primary and secondary site. Since it technically is charging while in my driveway(albeit from hydrogen), I said it charges at home. The sign up concluded and that was that last I heard about it.
Fuel cell charging ?
That's funny.

Do let us know if you receive the $10 from Honda ??

·
Super Moderator
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far, I have received 3 payments and they were all Amazon gift credits.

Pretty good deal for just using the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received that same e-mail this past week. But the matter did not progress beyond registration. I think this is a new type of fraud. Now there are so many new schemes appearing, it is difficult to filter out what is true and what is not. Once, many were wary of the appearance of cryptocurrency. But now almost everyone knows how to buy bitcoin with credit card on switchere.com/exchange/buy-bitcoin. By the way, do you know anything about this service switchere.com/exchange/buy-bitcoin? Share your opinion, is it worth buying here?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts