Honda Clarity Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have over a year left on my Clarity Electric lease. It is a fantastic vehicle and it would be great to keep it beyond the 3-year lease term.

Honda Fit EV owners have reported elsewhere that they were able to continue on the original lease terms for another 24 months when their original 36-month lease ended. Hopefully Clarity Electric owners will have the same option.

With the earliest owners reaching the end of their 36-month lease, has anyone talked with Honda about extending their lease? Please post about your experience and what the terms are of the offered extension, if any.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You may want to look at the VW ID.4 instead. Honda appears to view the Clarity as a compliance & technology car only. Since you have a year left VW may have the ID.4 available when your lease ends.

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
I think due to the pandemic the last 6 months, most car manufacturers have offered to extend leases because a lot people are not keen on having a test drive of a new car with a stranger sales person....

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think due to the pandemic the last 6 months, most car manufacturers have offered to extend leases because a lot people are not keen on having a test drive of a new car with a stranger sales person....
If OP's lease were ending today I suspect you're right. However, OP said his lease ends in a year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Honda offered lease extensions (at a reduced price) on the Fit EV. I suspect they will do the same with the Clarity Electric. Both are (were) lease only with no option to purchase. Keeping them on the road a couple more years costs them almost nothing, but brings in revenue.

I've got about a year left as well, and will be looking at options next spring.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Honda offered lease extensions (at a reduced price) on the Fit EV. I suspect they will do the same with the Clarity Electric. Both are (were) lease only with no option to purchase. Keeping them on the road a couple more years costs them almost nothing, but brings in revenue.

I've got about a year left as well, and will be looking at options next spring.
Even if they don't reduce the price it seems like the BEV lease was a pretty good deal already and probably worth extending. Even more so if they reduce it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts