Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried original air compressor and couldn't inflate a tyre. It seems that it doesn't push the valve pin when screwed. Does anyone have the same issue?

Any recommendations to replace the compressor that fits in its place?

·
Registered
699 Posts
I use the Clarity's compressor only if needed. I find the screw on/screw off to lose a lot of air. What I use is a compressor I bought back in 1985 with my first car. It uses a more traditional flip type lever that's quick to remove.

Reactions: maqdev and jzchen

·
Registered
2018, Honda, Clarity PHEV Touring
296 Posts
I do hate the annoyance of the air bleeding out as you try to frantically unscrew it as quickly as possible. But they are nice kits, AND the slime "goo" does not expire like the OEM goo bottles, which have expiration dates/labels...

·
Registered
2018, Honda, Clarity PHEV Touring
296 Posts
Does the last one fit instead of original?
No, I’m afraid it’s bigger. (I honestly didn’t try to replace the old pump and just put it under the rearmost floor panel in the trunk. My other car is a Scion iQ and space is at a premium. I did find a pump, (only a pump, no goo), that fit in the original iQ pump’s place. It may just fit in the Clarity pump space I’ll check…

I believe this is the one I bought for the iQ. I measured the original (the Toyota goo bottle had been used by the previous owner), and I could not use the original pump as such. The Toyota goo bottles are more expensive that Porsche goo bottles!…

Wagan Tech Quick Flow Compact Air Compressor
Robot or human?

***Under “Product details” there is a “More details” link with the dimensions. I found this matched the original pump on the iQ as close to the original as possible.

There are many many on Walmart.com I don’t know when I’ll get a chance to search carefully for one that fits….

1 - 6 of 6 Posts