Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed my rear brakes without difficulty ( pads, rotors, and clips). Yes wound back the electric safety brake (manually) and compressed the piston without any problems.

Now I have "Adaptive Cruise Control Problem" and "Road Departure Mitigation Problem" lit up on the screen when I start the car.

Tried rebooting the head unit, disconnecting the 12 V battery (yes tested voltage on the battery seems nominal and well above 12 V) .

Brakes work fine ( parking brake too). Can't reset this message. (No windshield debris issues to block the camera or the radar sensor) The scan tool shows no DTC codes.

Anybody have any thoughts???

p.s. I've had lots of trouble with the local dealerships over the years and they appear to be clueless about the Clarity in particular, so I don't have much faith in asking them.

·
Registered
2021 PHEV Touring HB, CA
657 Posts
Changed my rear brakes without difficulty ( pads, rotors, and clips). Yes wound back the electric safety brake (manually) and compressed the piston without any problems.

Now I have "Adaptive Cruise Control Problem" and "Road Departure Mitigation Problem" lit up on the screen when I start the car.

Tried rebooting the head unit, disconnecting the 12 V battery (yes tested voltage on the battery seems nominal and well above 12 V) .

Brakes work fine ( parking brake too). Can't reset this message. (No windshield debris issues to block the camera or the radar sensor) The scan tool shows no DTC codes.

Anybody have any thoughts???

p.s. I've had lots of trouble with the local dealerships over the years and they appear to be clueless about the Clarity in particular, so I don't have much faith in asking them.
Do you have an OBDII scan tool that can reset trouble codes? It might have been a transient that occurred when you did your work, and those codes might be of the type that don't reset the DIC after the problem is no longer active. OBDII scanners have different capabilities, and you might not have access to one (for a reasonable price) that can clear those codes.

A competent dealer should be able to scan for those issues, and tell you if they're still active, but most will want a pretty penny just to run the scan.

Good luck!

·
Registered
662 Posts
This is going to sound really strange, but check the ABS hubs are plugged in. RDS depends on ACC which depends on the base cruise control which depends on the ABS hubs. If the ABS hubs aren't plugged in (data and power) then the entire cruise control system will refuse to operate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts