Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the A012 code popped up (I skipped the A01 code last time) on my 2019 Clarity PHEV dash and t tried scheduling for service. Here's what I got from calling around my zip area 20772:

Dealer #1: $270 (6 miles from home)
Dealer #2: $305 (10 miles from home)
Dealer #3: $185 (15 miles from home)

My question is are these price the same as in your area? Just wondering since it seems to be very quite high for the service. Also, is changing the engine and cabin filter that complicated? Dealer #2 want to charge me $175 just for that alone. Would appreciate any take. Thank you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
So the A012 code popped up (I skipped the A01 code last time) on my 2019 Clarity PHEV dash and t tried scheduling for service. Here's what I got from calling around my zip area 20772:

Dealer #1: $270 (6 miles from home)
Dealer #2: $305 (10 miles from home)
Dealer #3: $185 (15 miles from home)

My question is are these price the same as in your area? Just wondering since it seems to be very quite high for the service. Also, is changing the engine and cabin filter that complicated? Dealer #2 want to charge me $175 just for that alone. Would appreciate any take. Thank you.
You are not required to have this done by a Honda dealer. Oil change places will generally do the "inspection" items looking for something else to sell you, and the cabin air filter is pretty straight forward.
Cabin Filter Replacement: Honda Clarity 2018-2019 2018 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid Touring 1.5L 4 Cyl.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You are not required to have this done by a Honda dealer. Oil change places will generally do the "inspection" items looking for something else to sell you, and the cabin air filter is pretty straight forward.
Cabin Filter Replacement: Honda Clarity 2018-2019 2018 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid Touring 1.5L 4 Cyl.
Here is why you should replace the cabin filter. (My apologies for the oversized photo taken off my phone.) The mileage is 16127. That feather fell out first and I couldn't believe it when I took out the filter. The Pink Panther comes from the roof of my shop where it is in the rafters behind a rigid sheathing.
I now question whether Honda replaced the filter when last I had it serviced. It was the first time service was called for on our 2019 Clarity Basic PHEV so I took it to the dealer. I think it was AO12 but don't remember now. I wanted them to check the Battery Pack Capacity too, but they didn't know how. I promised myself to do the service if I could, or take it to the guys who service our 1999 CR-V and all of our Accords in the past.
And DucRider, thanks for the link to the video, however the guy says to "disconnect the Damping Arm by pulling it" which caused me a good amount of frustration, and it got a bit blue in the garage until I PUSHED the arm to release it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Here is why you should replace the cabin filter. (My apologies for the oversized photo taken off my phone.) The mileage is 16127. That feather fell out first and I couldn't believe it when I took out the filter. The Pink Panther comes from the roof of my shop where it is in the rafters behind a rigid sheathing.
I now question whether Honda replaced the filter when last I had it serviced. It was the first time service was called for on our 2019 Clarity Basic PHEV so I took it to the dealer. I think it was AO12 but don't remember now. I wanted them to check the Battery Pack Capacity too, but they didn't know how. I promised myself to do the service if I could, or take it to the guys who service our 1999 CR-V and all of our Accords in the past.
And DucRider, thanks for the link to the video, however the guy says to "disconnect the Damping Arm by pulling it" which caused me a good amount of frustration, and it got a bit blue in the garage until I PUSHED the arm to release it.
View attachment 719
You've got critters living under the hood. It's important to get them out of there, because they'll chew up wire insulation. It's now made of soy-based materials rather than petroleum-based plastic.

Rodents find the soy insulation to be delicious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts