Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hondalink software updated for me today.

Is just me or are others finding the status update in the app is a lot faster, wondering if they switched to 4G?

·
Registered
2018 PHEV Touring Atlanta, GA
1,080 Posts
Hondalink software updated for me today.

Is just me or are others finding the status update in the app is a lot faster, wondering if they switched to 4G?
It's always been 4G. Some Honda models were using 3G but had hardware that supported 4G. Those owners had to do a software update prior to February 22nd which they could do themselves through the infotainment screen. Those who didn't know about the required update, or who knew about it but waited too long, their only option now is to pay several hundred dollars for a new telematics unit to be installed at the dealer. Ouch!

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's always been 4G. Some Honda models were using 3G but had hardware that supported 4G. Those owners had to do a software update prior to February 22nd which they could do themselves through the infotainment screen. Those who didn't know about the required update, or who knew about it but waited too long, their only option now is to pay several hundred dollars for a new telematics unit to be installed at the dealer. Ouch!
I have a 2020 Honda Clarity. Is there a way to check if this update to support 4G is installed in my car? I live in Canada so we still have 3G and I don’t know what the car is using to communicate.

·
Registered
2018 PHEV Touring Atlanta, GA
1,080 Posts
I have a 2020 Honda Clarity. Is there a way to check if this update to support 4G is installed in my car? I live in Canada so we still have 3G and I don’t know what the car is using to communicate.
Clarity was already using 4G so it did not require a software update. At least for the U.S. models, but I would be surprised if Canadian models used different hardware.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts