Honda Clarity Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for anyone living in Oregon looking for an amazing PHEV deal, Honda dropped a $5K factory discount for Oregon residents only, not sure when it expires.

We just picked up a shiny new 2021 base model for $27,484 plus we got $500 off for new graduate using the Honda 0.9%/60month financing. OR has a $2.5K tax refund and no sales tax, plus the Fed tax credit puts net cost under $20K. cheers, roger

·
Registered
39 Posts
Compared to what I paid I am jealous of that great deal. And your black lab. The fish, too. My wife says you look like my twin, so I am not jealous of your looks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
OR has a $2.5K tax refund
The Oregon rebate is not associated with taxes in any way, but those with <=120% of median income are eligible for an additional $2,500 "Charge Ahead" rebate.
You are also able to assign yu rebate tot he dealer and have it taken off the sale price instantly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The Oregon rebate is not associated with taxes in any way, but those with <=120% of median income are eligible for an additional $2,500 "Charge Ahead" rebate.
You are also able to assign yu rebate tot he dealer and have it taken off the sale price instantly.
you are correct about it not being a tax refund, I used the wrong term. my bad.

however, it is worth noting that the income requirement ONLY applies if you want to get an extra $2.5K rebate applied instantly, the "Charge Ahead" option.

Any Oregon resident can follow the "General Rebate" process and get back $2.5K on the purchase of a vehicle with >10Kwh battery size. That is what we are doing.

cheers, roger

·
Registered
16 Posts
Awesome deal! I'm in Oregon and bought my 2019 base model in California for $27k plus shipping about $650. I got my $2.5k rebate from Oregon after about 9 months, and also got the $7.5k federal tax return after almost a year.

About the additional $2.5k Oregon rebate by qualifying as low income, I wonder how people can even afford to buy a new car in the first place. I mean $18k for a new car is really a bargain, but then used cars can be had for $3k and still run great.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Awesome deal! I'm in Oregon and bought my 2019 base model in California for $27k plus shipping about $650. I got my $2.5k rebate from Oregon after about 9 months, and also got the $7.5k federal tax return after almost a year.

About the additional $2.5k Oregon rebate by qualifying as low income, I wonder how people can even afford to buy a new car in the first place. I mean $18k for a new car is really a bargain, but then used cars can be had for $3k and still run great.
It is a "low to moderate" income program, and over half of the households in the State qualify. Specifically, up to 120% of median income in your county/metro area is the benchmark. For a family of 4 in the Portland Metro area that equates to $110,520.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is a "low to moderate" income program, and over half of the households in the State qualify. Specifically, up to 120% of median income in your county/metro area is the benchmark. For a family of 4 in the Portland Metro area that equates to $110,520.
Oh yeah, my bad.
I checked my rebate form and the reason it didn't apply to me was because the Charge Ahead rebate doesn't apply to PHEV, it's only for EV.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh yeah, my bad.
I checked my rebate form and the reason it didn't apply to me was because the Charge Ahead rebate doesn't apply to PHEV, it's only for EV.
Charge Ahead rules were changed to include PHEVs purchased on/after September 29, 2019. You have 6 months from the purchase/lease date to apply.

As a note, used vehicles purchased thru a dealer also qualify for the $2,500 Charge Ahead rebate (the standard rebate applies only to new vehicles).

·
Registered
615 Posts
Charge Ahead rules were changed to include PHEVs purchased on/after September 29, 2019. You have 6 months from the purchase/lease date to apply.

As a note, used vehicles purchased thru a dealer also qualify for the $2,500 Charge Ahead rebate (the standard rebate applies only to new vehicles).
I know the Clarity BEV was available in Oregon, were very many leased there? I would think far less than California but I assume there were some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts