Honda Clarity Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Looking to confirm if ACC maintains the set speed down hill or not.

My 2021 PHEV Adaptive Cruise Control does not brake to maintain the set speed downhill (the car speeds up depending on how steep the hill is). The ACC does brake for cars and works as expected in traffic on any slope.

I had a 2018 PHEV that did maintain the ACC set speed down hill and on any slope.

Honda tech support was not able to tell me what normal operation should be.

The tech rep pointed out that the user manual for the 2018 and the 2021 use identical wording to describe ACC operation. And that there is no wording explicitly describing braking down hill. He checked to see if there were any TSBs or firmware updates, and found none. Ended up recommending that I take it to the dealer for service. Not sure I want to go down that rabbit hole.

I would like to know for sure if Honda changed the 2021 ACC operation - or if my particular car is broken. I definitely liked the 2018 ACC operation better.

Thanks,

JP

·
Registered
147 Posts
Multiple users in another forum noted this change as well, so not an issue with your particular vehicle.

The Clarity BEV has always functioned this way. If I need to slow while descending, I use the paddles. I then hit "resume" at the appropriate time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for the quick response's!

Well, it's not the end of the world, but the 2018 ACC was so much nicer to use.

I wonder why Honda decided to change it? Maybe it was unintentional and they will bring back the old feature, which used a combination of regen and brakes as needed to maintain set speed.

Anyway, the paddles will not always slow me down enough, so I use the brakes.. Have not hit anything yet, haha..

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts