Honda Clarity Forum banner

Looking into the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Kerbe 
#1 ·
As the title states, I'm in the market for a new car and am looking into the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid. Seems like it ticks many of my wants/needs. I like the idea of going electric, but my wife is nervous about making the leap, so the Clarity seems like an excellent in-between option.

I currently own a 2008 Honda Accord and was hoping to find a new vehicle that sits higher off the ground, but I can't find any information on the seating height of the Clarity. Height seems about the same as my current car, so I can't imagine it's much higher.

#2 ·
Welcome aboard!

Same situation 2 years ago when I was looking for an alternative to my gas guzzling cars.

Going full EV was a huge issue because of the limited range and slow recharge times.

PHEV was perfect transition from ICE to partial EV and the Clarity fit the bill.

Originally I wanted the hydrogen powered FCV Clarity but the wait times were so long that I gave up and had to get a car to replace the gas guzzling Land Rover.

Never looked back and love the PHEV - drive 5 days a week on all electric and sometimes during the weekend on longer drives, sips some fuel for HV mode driving.

IMO the Clarity is a gem hidden in the maze of cars available...:wink:

#3 ·
I went from a 2017 Accord Hybrid to a 2018 Clarity Touring. Not sure about the road clearance difference, but I went from a great car to one that is outstanding. You can find summaries of the features people like on InsideEVs Clarity Forum with relatively few complaints. My wife was reluctant to make the switch but she sees the many advantages of a well engineered PHEV.

#4 ·
I currently own a 2008 Honda Accord and was hoping to find a new vehicle that sits higher off the ground, but I can't find any information on the seating height of the Clarity. Height seems about the same as my current car, so I can't imagine it's much higher.
Depending on the trim, the 2008 Accord varied from 54-58 inches tall - the Clarity is 58.2 inches tall. The 2008 Accord has 147mm of ground clearance, the Clarity has 134mm. I cannot find a listing of seat height...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.