Charge Status - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Charge Status

Is there a way to tell on the 2019 Clarity Plug-in or on the app the speed of charge? For instance, on the Tesla and Ford Fusion, I could see both in the car and their respective apps how fast the car is charging (e.g. 20 mph). I can't seem to find that information either in the car's display or in the HondaLink app. In fact, I don't think I can even tell while I'm inside the car that it is charging when it's being charged. I would expect to be able to see a screen in the car that shows it's charging and the speed of the charge.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-14-2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphanlaw View Post
Is there a way to tell on the 2019 Clarity Plug-in or on the app the speed of charge? For instance, on the Tesla and Ford Fusion, I could see both in the car and their respective apps how fast the car is charging (e.g. 20 mph). I can't seem to find that information either in the car's display or in the HondaLink app. In fact, I don't think I can even tell while I'm inside the car that it is charging when it's being charged. I would expect to be able to see a screen in the car that shows it's charging and the speed of the charge.
The app only shows that it is charging, and whether it is charging at 120V or 240V. It updates the SOC every 15% starting at 25, i.e. 25%, 40%, etc. which also means that it jumps from 85% to 100%. It would be nice if above 80 it reported every 5%.

Inside the car the only information that I have seen is that it tells you that you are plugged in, but it seems to show the same message whether it is charging or not. The message is really just a reminder to unplug, not any actual information.

There are OBDII apps like Torque Pro that display SOC and other information but I don't know if they show charging amps, if so then you could convert that to charging speed i.e. minutes per change in SOC percent, and further covert that to mph. Although both of those the conversion values that you use would be based on your experience.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page