What to love or hate about the 2018+ Honda Clarity? - Page 3 - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 3Likes

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 02:47 PM

New to the world of EVs, I am very pleased overall with my Clarity.
My "Loves":
1- Not having to wake up at 6 AM every Sunday to get to the Costco pump and fill the tank before the endless lines form.

2- Also saving almost $40 every time I don't have to do that. (only 3 gas station visits since January 20!).

3- The COMFORT, not having to bend my sore back to get into the car.
4-The futuristic look (even my millenial son compares it to a spaceship).
5- The handling and response is seamless.
6- The backup camera (the wide angle is amazing).

My "Hates" (well, not really, rather missing stuff I was used to)
1- No backup sensors and real blind spot monitoring.
2- No real left side blind spot view (I had to add a little auxiliary mirror).
3- No sunroof.
4- No lumbar support (I have back issues).
5- No volume knob.
6-Sloppy infotaintment (but better than the one I had before).
7- No spare tire.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 10:12 AM

Loves/hates

Decent car around town, took it on an extended highway drive for the first time, really horrible sounds as I climbed hills on my way south. Not at all a "premium" experience in contrast to the smooth in-town performance.

I have regular seasonal needs to go over the road and comforted by the fact that I leased this vehicle and will be able to turn it in at the end of the lease (for which I got a great deal).
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 05:39 PM

Does not apply to offset self employment taxes (i.e. 12.4% for social security and 2.9% for Medicare), but will offset income taxes owed on earnings (i.e. income) from your own business, correct?
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 08:45 AM

Borrowed from above!

LIKES[*]18" upgraded alloy wheels on a base trim.[*]LED headlights on a base trim[*]Amber turn signals[*]Auto brake hold[*]Quick off the line[*]Responsive steering without a center dead zone[*]Lack of torque steering for a FWD [*]Super quiet cabin and drive due to EV[*]Regen paddles & coasting regen[*]Free Honda link app without having to pay (like Onstar)[*]120V L1 charging = super easy for any household[*]Longer EV range than advertised due to lack of climate control use

CONS:
7 gallon tank but since its only used on long trips is OK.
Lack of compact / inflatable spare tire
no rear window wiper
no CD round plug in for my portable device.
no radio knobs.
Glass screen distraction to do anything while driving.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-21-2019, 07:32 PM

The silky smooth hybrid drive train and 47 mile electric driving range are the highlights and the reasons I bought the car. The driver assist features generally work poorly and there are some serious omissions, particularly lack of backup and cross traffic / blind spot sensors.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page