Added driving lights/LED light bars to my Clarity... - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2020, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Added driving lights/LED light bars to my Clarity...

I had my 12v shop put on some LED light bars/driving lights on both sides of my front license plate. They are 1800-lumen 6" LED light bars frome LED Outfitters.

They are combo spot/flood lights, and, after testing them last night, I now know I should have picked a version that was just spot lights. They tend to light up the canopy of shorter trees as I drive. They just throw too much light everywhere, which would probably annoy oncoming traffic (something I will not do), so I will replace them. Here are some links. The first link is the ones I bought, the second is the replacements I've ordered:

https://www.ledoutfitters.com/offroa...tt-work-light/
https://www.roughcountry.com/6in-led...r-70707bl.html

My installer cut an opening in the plastic grill behind them so they wouldn't stick out. The ones I ordered look very good, like they belong on the car. They are 6000K color temperature and match the lights on the car (they are not more yellow or more white). Here are some photos of the ones currently installed (the ones I'm replacing):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5139.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	389   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5138.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	391   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5137.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	393  
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2020, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
NICE!
Looks very sharp and the color temps seem to be very closely matched to the existing DRL.

Let us know how much it cost (labor and parts) for this job ?

I'd like to get better lighting on my Clarity..
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2020, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sallypat View Post
NICE!
Looks very sharp and the color temps seem to be very closely matched to the existing DRL.

Let us know how much it cost (labor and parts) for this job ?

I'd like to get better lighting on my Clarity..

Thanks! The lights were about $60 each. I'm actually switching them out for some brighter ones this week that have only a spot beam (instead of spot/flood because the flood aspect casts to much light where it isn't needed and will annoy other drivers). The shop I go to in San Diego (Streetnoyz) charged $200 to install them (which I think is 2 hours of time based on the rate for customer-provided parts). They do a very good job. Be very careful when picking an installer. Proper installation is crucial to the lights looking and operating properly.

Tags
driving lamps , fog lamps , led light bars , led lights

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page