Honda Clarity Forum banner

Clarity FCV (hydrogen fuel cell) availability?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  altfuelcarguy 
#1 ·
I'm new here, and I've a question about Clarity FCV. After being told last year that deliveries of Clarity FCV won't be happening until April 2019, I get an email in early March from one of the nearby NorCal dealer saying that they may be available in May. I pinged back expressing my interest, only heard radio silence.

Does anyone here know any better? I took back my deposit last year for I couldn't have waited until April. But it seems the wait is longer still. I want to be **** sure before I put the deposit down again.

Surprising part is that nobody seems to be bothered enough by the delay to talk about it in online forums as this one. May be there's not much demand for these vehicles, although I do see more and more Mirais on the roads now.

Full disclosure: I got a Mirai 6mo back after I gave up on waiting for Clarity, but that car was unfortunately totaled, thanks to an intoxicated truck driver. So I'm back in the market for a car.

Thanks in advance. Hope I can be an owning member soon!

#2 ·
Is there a reason you're locked into the fuel cell model? It really limits you to where you can travel in the car. I have 8400+ now on my Clarity Touring PHEV and I've never looked back. Range anxiety is not an issue, regular gas is available where ever the roads go. And it only takes a few moments to fill the 'regular gas' 7 gallon tank.

Just curious, otherwise I'm sure it drives as well as the PHEV. With a level II charger in my garage now I won't consider any other type of car. Will probably trade for another SUV when Honda or Toyota come out with a PHEV SUV model. Every day I realize anew how much sense this technology makes.

Reactions: mowcowbell
#3 ·
April 16 is the release date. I've got 23K on my 2017 and love it. If the geographic limitations are fine with you, between the low payment, the free fuel, and the mileage allowance it's a great deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.