Clarity Availability - Page 7 - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 13Likes

post #61 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-30-2020, 07:15 PM

Hi. It doesn’t look like I can order a Clarity from NH dealers even at MSRP. Shipping from CA is 1200-1400. No sales tax in NH. Seeing the deals people are getting in CA I am wondering if I could arrange a car to be shipped. I once bought a truck (sight unseen) from TN and I have no problem with the process. I am wondering if the dealers in CA will be willing to ship out of state. I hear the Honda incentives apply to CA only. So are dealers going to be able to apply them if shipping out of state? Anybody know? Thanks!
post #62 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-01-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrd0q View Post
Hi. It doesnt look like I can order a Clarity from NH dealers even at MSRP. Shipping from CA is 1200-1400. No sales tax in NH. Seeing the deals people are getting in CA I am wondering if I could arrange a car to be shipped. I once bought a truck (sight unseen) from TN and I have no problem with the process. I am wondering if the dealers in CA will be willing to ship out of state. I hear the Honda incentives apply to CA only. So are dealers going to be able to apply them if shipping out of state? Anybody know? Thanks!
Yes it is possible to have a car shipped from California, it requires some persistence finding a dealer willing to do so and who will also give you enough of a discount to offset the shipping costs. You are correct the Honda dealer incentive is for California residents only but that doesn't stop a dealer who wants to make a sale from giving you a few thousand off of MSRP.

A few months ago a member here gave a very detailed narrative of their experience doing this, here is the link to that thread:

https://www.clarityforum.com/forum/2...-can-done.html
post #63 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-02-2020, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 View Post
Yes it is possible to have a car shipped from California, it requires some persistence finding a dealer willing to do so and who will also give you enough of a discount to offset the shipping costs. You are correct the Honda dealer incentive is for California residents only but that doesn't stop a dealer who wants to make a sale from giving you a few thousand off of MSRP.

A few months ago a member here gave a very detailed narrative of their experience doing this, here is the link to that thread:

https://www.clarityforum.com/forum/2...-can-done.html
Yes, there are some dealers that will go the extra effort and sell you the Clarity for a couple of thousand off.
There are a couple of forum members who have been successful at this long distance transfer.
The dealer has to be willing to send the car on a truck and you have to wire or transfer funds to them so show them you are serious.
You should do your homework and make sure you don't have to pay registration/license fees twice....
Tax should be waived as it is being delivered out of state.
post #64 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 11:39 AM

Thanks for your replies. I will look into it. I am thinking it may be better to register the car in CA to take advantage of all the discounts and to make it simple for the dealer, and then ship it to the east coast. I think the CA tax may be less than the CA incentives, so it may be worth it.
post #65 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrd0q View Post
Thanks for your replies. I will look into it. I am thinking it may be better to register the car in CA to take advantage of all the discounts and to make it simple for the dealer, and then ship it to the east coast. I think the CA tax may be less than the CA incentives, so it may be worth it.
To get the CA discounts, you need to have a CA address. Some dealers may skirt this requirement, but if Honda finds out, the dealer will wind up eating the discount. Small upside, big downside for them.
If you get the CA rebate, you need to keep the car registered in CA for 30 months.

Gary

2018 Clarity Electric (Vortex Blue)
post #66 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-07-2020, 09:47 PM

post #67 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarification View Post
That's just showing that the car that they are listing hasn't arrived at the dealer yet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page