Car Beeps Multiple Times when I walk away - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By thedillon6
  • 1 Post By mikepaynter11

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Car Beeps Multiple Times when I walk away

Hello Everyone,

Sometimes when I walk away from my car it will beep multiple times. Occasionally it is because i left the car on. However, many times the car is not on. Does anyone know what causes this?

Below is what I found in the manual. It says this, but really this is not my situation as I am walking away from the car and not trying to start it.
Appears if the smart entry remotes battery is too
weak to turn on the power system or the key is not
within operating range to turn on the power system.
A beeper sounds six times.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:45 PM

I spoke with a dealer about this last week. There is something I think he called the "d-bar" - essentially it's the part of the car frame that separates the front seat from the back. The fob/key needs to be to the LEFT of that (toward the front of the car) as you close the final door, or you will get multi-beep. I've tested this numerous times over the last week, and it's accurate. So weird.

I swing my purse over my right shoulder as I exit the driver's seat; so I get multi-beep a lot unless I'm paying attention.
CarNewby likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Wow. Thank you. I do know it happens when I am in a hurry. Now of course, when I am in a hurry I might also leave the car on. So its too bad they are the same or similar "beeper alerts."
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 11:25 AM

At least if you try to close it again, and it multi-beeps, you'll know to look if the car is running.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 10:11 PM

I love the beeps. When you get out and the door is closed all the way, you get a beep. If you walk about 6 to 8 feet away after closing the door , you can hear the doors lock with an imediate beep, If you do some like I did and leave the car with out shutting it down, you get a bunch of quick beeps telling you the car has not been shut down. Another nice feature, if you just turn the car off, it will set the parking brake for you.
CarNewby likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page