ECON Mode and HV Mode - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

ECON Mode and HV Mode

The way I understand it, the Econ mode gives you less acceleration and maybe less fan on your air conditioning unit etc. I leave it on all the time.

I have started to use the HV mode when I know I will deplete all of my battery for the day and I am going up a significant grade or at significant speed on the highway.

My question is this. Does it make sense to leave Econ mode on all the time even when I switch to HV mode?

That seem counter intuitive to me. I would have thought that Econ mode would shut off automatically when I go to HV mode.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 04:26 PM

"Does it make sense to leave Econ mode on all the time even when I switch to HV mode?"

I leave econ on most of the time. Only exception would be to accelerate more quickly when merging on to a highway or passing a slower vehicle. I have had Honda products before and I alway left econ on. Do an experiment. Drive with HV and Econ for a few days and then a few days on the same route with HV and econ off. Compare.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 04:54 PM

See thread titles "Clarity Drive Modes Explained".

Hope this helps.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page