Debadging the Honda Clarity - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By spireland

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Debadging the Honda Clarity

I know others wouldn't agree but the number of badges on this car felt silly to me.

So I pulled them off. Interestingly the passenger and rear ones were a pain, though the charging port badge came off in about 2 minutes. There are zero body holes to worry about it. I could only find one debadging post online regarding this car so I wanted to confirm you can do all three, the touring, and the Clarity lettering with no problems. I may try and take off the rear Honda badge, being on glass, I doubt there are any holes.

I'm way happy with the look. To me it seemed braggy to have a ton of "hybrid" badges on the car and it just looks cleaner now.

Was it really necessary to have 3 plug in hybrid badges??
https://www.clarityforum.com/forum/a...tid=27&thumb=1

https://www.clarityforum.com/forum/a...tid=29&thumb=1

https://www.clarityforum.com/forum/a...tid=31&thumb=1

https://www.clarityforum.com/forum/a...tid=33&thumb=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1630.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	27   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1634.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	29   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1632.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	31   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1631.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	307.5 KB
ID:	33  
Kerbe likes this.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 03:16 AM

I did the very same thing, but I did leave the Clarity name on the rear left back.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 12:32 PM

Debadgeing how to question

How did you guys get the badges off? I assume they pry off and I tried the thin side of a shim but it was not thin enough. I don't want to take a thin screwdriver to it for fear of scratching the paint. Also, mine is a darker color (the dark green), was there any shadow effect where the badge came off?

Thanks for any info
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 01:07 PM

Garage
If that's what you really want to do, try fishing line. Work it underneath the badge and saw it off that way. To the best of my knowledge they are all glued on so should work. Try a less unobtrusive one 1st like on the back trunk lid to make sure but that should work.

Personally the only things I take off are dealer advertising. They don't pay me to do that for them
Quote:
Originally Posted by tafkam View Post
How did you guys get the badges off? I assume they pry off and I tried the thin side of a shim but it was not thin enough. I don't want to take a thin screwdriver to it for fear of scratching the paint. Also, mine is a darker color (the dark green), was there any shadow effect where the badge came off?

Thanks for any info

Jim Myers
2018 Clarity
White Touring
Windows tinted rear doors, rear quarter glass, & back window
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 03:04 AM

Thanks I should have watched a few youtube videos before posting that question, there are all kinds of how to about debadging on there
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks for any info
Sorry for the slow response, couldn't figure out my login for a while.

I use a hairdryer to soften it up. I then use a bit of goof off, and then you pry it off. You just want to be gentle. The harder part is getting the adhesive that is left behind off. I like goof off and using a plastic trim panel to help rub it off gently. Gentle and time is the key. It took a long time to get all three off but it was way worth it.

Mine is obviously a white car and had no "shadow" left over. Looks like how it was supposed to be.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
How did you guys get the badges off?
I decided to remove the side badges and the dealer name, but to keep the car name and PHEV badge on the trunk lid.

After reading all the advice and watching the "how-to" videos, I went at it with 90% isopropyl alcohol and 6lb. test fishing line. I used a light sawing motion and kept the line lubricated with the alcohol. Once the badges were removed I covered the remaining adhesive (it's a gray tape) with paper toweling and wet it with alcohol. After about 15 minutes I was able to rub off the adhesive quite easily. I started at one end and, with a small folder paper towel, used a "pushing and lifting" motion to fold the adhesive back onto itself.

After removing the tape I used a claybar to remove any remaining surface impurities and then applied wax.

The entire process took some time but extraordinarily little effort.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page