I have a simple two part question - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 03:58 AM Thread Starter

I have a simple two part question

#1 Why did you by a plug in electric car with a gasoline range extender?

#2 what mode do you normally drive in?

As a side note I was very interested in a Tesla but there were many reasons the Tesla would not work for me and that is why I chose the plug in Clarity.

Prior to joining this forum I spent time on the Tesla forum and many of the members of the Tesla forum were rather rude. I mentioned why I am interested in electric cars and was told that I didn't get a electric car for "THE RIGHT REASON"I also mentioned my opinion on a topic and was told that I wasn't entitled to have an opinion.

Now I'll answer my own question,, I bought the Honda so I can use as little gas as possible. I also use the "E" so I can burn as little gas as possible.

I would like to continue with this topic after I read your answers
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 09:19 AM

I bought electric with the gas range because I drive down to Florida in the winter and did not want range anxiety. I have not used any gas in the past 3 months as my usual distances is enough for the electric range.Love the challenge of trying to use only electric and the car is a joy to drive. I have a friend with a Testla who in the winter must drive to another city quite a distance. In the summer, no problem. But in the winter he puts a blanket in the car not to use to much heat so as to reach his destination without stopping. Not sure I would want to live that with a $100000 car.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 02:44 PM

Garage
The answer to your 1st question is the end of your question. I've had two Lexus hybrid's prior but wanted more for less. This car is well made, well optioned as standard equipment goes, and with the 7 gal gas tank has no 'range' anxiety. Most of my daily driving (I'm retired) is well within the battery range.

#2; I've set the computer to start in battery only as most of my driving does not require gas. When getting on the highway, or driving for a longer than 10 mile distance, I usually hit the H/V mode to preserve the battery and let it burn a little gas. Filling it at the 1/2 mark (about 3 + gallons) should keep the gas from getting stale LOL.

What city/region are you in that has a good Level II infrastructure? Here in metro Atlanta, there are quite a few places that charge a fee and some for free if you're shopping there such as Whole Foods. A good place to each lunch and top off. I also have a Level II charger in my garage now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsthonda View Post
#1 Why did you by a plug in electric car with a gasoline range extender?

#2 what mode do you normally drive in?

As a side note I was very interested in a Tesla but there were many reasons the Tesla would not work for me and that is why I chose the plug in Clarity.

Prior to joining this forum I spent time on the Tesla forum and many of the members of the Tesla forum were rather rude. I mentioned why I am interested in electric cars and was told that I didn't get a electric car for "THE RIGHT REASON"I also mentioned my opinion on a topic and was told that I wasn't entitled to have an opinion.

Now I'll answer my own question,, I bought the Honda so I can use as little gas as possible. I also use the "E" so I can burn as little gas as possible.

I would like to continue with this topic after I read your answers

Jim Myers
2018 Clarity
White Touring
Windows tinted rear doors, rear quarter glass, & back window

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page