Adjusting CarPlay audio volume - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-02-2020, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Adjusting CarPlay audio volume

Just got back from my first very long road trip (almost 2k miles) and though the Clarity performed quite well throughout the trip and was generally a pleasure to drive, I do have a question that I couldn't resolve despite a few tries:

Occasionally while playing music via CarPlay I would be interrupted by a phone call, and when I got off the call I wasn't able to adjust the audio volume on the system. I noticed that normally there are 40 horizontal lines corresponding to different audio levels, but when the problem occurred there would be only 11 and adjusting them wouldn't actually change how loud the sound was. So I'm guessing there is one audio level adjustment for the phone (CarPlay) and another one for the other audio inputs.

The other weirdness that I couldn't figure out was how to adjust the volume of the phone's other audio outputs relative to the CarPlay selected music App. For example, an incoming call announcement would be twice as loud as the music, and lowering the volume would create the problem mentioned above.

Any suggestions, or is this really a phone issue that I haven't figured out yet?

Thanks for any ideas or pointers in the right direction.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 02:37 PM

I've experienced the same. I've been able to fix it by unplugging my phone from Apple Car Play and then reconnecting it. It's a bit irritating and I would like to hear a better fix for it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page