Finally joined the club! - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kerbe

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Finally joined the club!

Picked up a 2018 Base-trim - Platinum White Pearl/beige interior - on August 14.

First accessories added were a tray liner for the under-the-shifter bin area and a full set of WeatherTech floor and cargo liners.

First tasks accomplished: Install frame plugs and correctly set tire pressure.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 01:16 PM

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like your dealer failed to do the PDI checklist ???
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

My dealer did not know there WAS a Clarity-specific PDI and was surprised when I emailed it to him. He was also surprised by the various SB's I sent, claiming to never have seen them.

Before making the purchase I asked if the PDI had been followed - including the frame plugs, tire-pressure check and Battery Capacity Test - and was assured that all had been done and all the tests were "at spec." When I got home with the car I found the plugs in the under-trunk - and, after it cooled-down, all four tires had different pressure - the lowest at 38 lbs.

The car sat on the lot - in the hot Louisiana sun - for eight months, uncharged: I'm praying that it has not lost significant battery capacity. I had to use Magic Eraser and 90% isopropyl alcohol to get the baked-on scum off the inside of the windows.

Tonight I gave the car a quick wash - tomorrow I hope to start cleaning the body with a clay bar and then giving it a good waxing.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 09:19 PM

I believe the pearl paint colors were only available with the Touring trim. Love this car!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJCummings View Post
I believe the pearl paint colors were only available with the Touring trim. Love this car!
All Clarity PHEV sold in the US share a common palette: Platinum White Pearl, Solar Silver Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl, Moonlit Forest Pearl (green) and Crimson Pearl. White, green and crimson have beige interiors, the other colors have black interiors.

The Clarity HFC comes in Bordeaux Red Metallic, Platinum White Pearl and Crystal Black Pearl. The red has a platinum gray leather interior, the other two have black leather.

The Clarity EV comes in Platinum White Pearl, Modern Steel Metallic and Vortex Blue Pearl. The white comes with black or gray leather, the other two with gray leather.

The distinction between Touring and Base in the PHEV is that the Base has soft-touch material on the dash and doors while the Touring has suede, the Base has cloth & pleather seats while the Touring has leather, the Base has manual seats while the Touring has power seats and 2 seat memory, and the Touring has navigation. All other aspects of both trims are identical. I know the Canadian spec is slightly different but I don't know about the Japanese spec, other than that the Japanese PHEV has ChaDeMo fast-charge capability.
4sallypat likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page