New Clarity PHEV Owner - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Holly

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

New Clarity PHEV Owner

Happy Holidays everyone! We are the proud owners of a new Honda Clarity PHEV and we are LOVING it... But I do have a concern... I purchased a Juice Box Level II charger, but it's 40 AMPS and charges super fast. I'm wondering if this is to much charge for the battery... Did I overdo it? Thank you.
greenmode and Tim66 like this.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 02:36 PM

Garage
Happy Holidays to you as well . You are just fine, the car's computers will adjust accordingly. Biggest concern is going below 32 amps is not recommended for Level II. More amps is less time charging. I use the 40 amp AV charging system. It was installed professionally and permitted late last July.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly View Post
Happy Holidays everyone! We are the proud owners of a new Honda Clarity PHEV and we are LOVING it... But I do have a concern... I purchased a Juice Box Level II charger, but it's 40 AMPS and charges super fast. I'm wondering if this is to much charge for the battery... Did I overdo it? Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180821_093854.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	95  

Jim Myers
2018 Clarity
White Touring
Windows tinted rear doors, rear quarter glass, & back window
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Oh good!! Thank you so much for the information. So far it's doing beautifully and we're totally enjoying the Clarity. Why Honda doesn't market this car more is beyond me. It's a great car!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly View Post
Oh good!! Thank you so much for the information. So far it's doing beautifully and we're totally enjoying the Clarity. Why Honda doesn't market this car more is beyond me. It's a great car!
keep us posted on how range varies as you drive it more, even better if you plan to track it collectively with other Clarity owners on fuelly or similar sites.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page