soon to be a newbie owner - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Question soon to be a newbie owner

Hello All,
I haven't been a Honda owner for over 40 years (mostly Toyota) since we owned, I think, a 78 model year civic hatchback.
One of the primary reasons we are looking hard at this vehicle is that we are producing our own electricity, through a solar array with net metering, and typically will drive fewer that 50 miles at any one time. Therefore our cost of running the vehicle will be next to nothing.

My wife and I did our first test drive of the Clarity (base and touring), at two different dealerships here in Michigan, today.
I have to say it was a daunting experience where I was having information overload.
I have never driven a Hybrid before so I wasn't sure what to expect.
We will probably test drive the silver touring tomorrow and if we like it will purchase it using the internet pricing through edmunds.

One question that I could not get a straight answer on is: what is the warranty period for the 17kwh battery. Is it considered part of the drive train warranty?
Also, does anyone know if I can get after market back up sensors? The dealership says they want over $900 for them.

best regards,
Richard
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 12:15 PM

Welcome to the forum Richard, glad to hear you're looking into the Clarity. Not sure if the battery falls under the drivetrain or electric component warranty but both are 60,000+ miles. How did the test drive go?

Tags
warranty on battery?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page