Tire pressure on base model 2018 Honda Clarity - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Tire pressure on base model 2018 Honda Clarity

Hello,

I just checked the tire pressure of all 4 tires for the first time and all were showing 45 to 49 PSI. only had the car for a month and not sure why dealer would do this.

The tire says the max is 44 PSI and the sticker on the driver door jam says 36 PSI.

I lowered all tires to 38 PSI for now.

Anyone else seen this when checking tire pressure for the first time?

Is 36 PSI the best?

thank you
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 02:33 PM

Garage
I keep mine at 36PSI and it works well. Were your tires perhaps warm when you checked them? That would certainly make a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul92203 View Post
Hello,

I just checked the tire pressure of all 4 tires for the first time and all were showing 45 to 49 PSI. only had the car for a month and not sure why dealer would do this.

The tire says the max is 44 PSI and the sticker on the driver door jam says 36 PSI.

I lowered all tires to 38 PSI for now.

Anyone else seen this when checking tire pressure for the first time?

Is 36 PSI the best?

thank you

Jim Myers
2018 Clarity
White Touring
Windows tinted rear doors, rear quarter glass, & back window
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:06 AM

Sounds like Honda

or the dealer simply overinflated the tires at some point and no one ever checked again. 36 psi seems optimal for handling and ride to me. Since we bought our Clarity our outside temperature has ranged from 95 degrees to -30. The tires seem better than most in holding their pressure in wide temperature variations.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 07:16 PM

I was told in another forum that this is the "shipping" pressure and that the dealers are supposed to reduce it on receiving. They are also supposed to put rubber plugs in the shipping tie-down points on the frame. Mine didn't have those either.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tterag View Post
I was told in another forum that this is the "shipping" pressure and that the dealers are supposed to reduce it on receiving. They are also supposed to put rubber plugs in the shipping tie-down points on the frame. Mine didn't have those either.
This is true on both items. They are suppose to be part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection. Those plugs help reduce road noise transmitted through the body. Makes a big difference on our cars.

Do a search for Honda Clarity PDI to learn more

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page