Why no charging stations on Maps? - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By DucRider

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Why no charging stations on Maps?

There are no charging stations shown on the Garmin maps. Anybody know why? Has anybody asked Garmin about it or asked to have them included?
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 07:18 PM

Nope.
Plugshare is far superior and contains up to date information. A snapshot of what charging stations were available a year or two ago with no feedback about whether they actually exist (and are working or not) holds no value for me.
Kerbe and obermd like this.

Gary

2018 Clarity Electric (Vortex Blue)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemell View Post
There are no charging stations shown on the Garmin maps. Anybody know why? Has anybody asked Garmin about it or asked to have them included?
FedEx can never find my house because the numbers on my street aren't sequential - and there's no way to contact Garmin about it. UPS uses Google Maps - they find me every time - because I was able to catalogue every house on my street and send Google the info.

Google Maps can now tell you the location of charging stations on request - but there are other apps that do an even better job of it, like PlugShare or A Better Route Planner.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page