Regenerative Braking - Page 2 - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentcr View Post
Hi All:

I am looking for a little more info on the regen braking thing. Seems to me that the indicator in the power/charge gage goes to the charge section about the same whether I use the paddles or the brake peddle. I was wondering what the advantage is to using the paddles is over the brake peddle? I had a Prius for ten years and learned that the brake pads did not engage till you hit about 7 mph meaning till that point it was all regen braking. I wonder if then Clarity is similar. Buy the way I loved my Prius but I have to say I love my Clarity even more. Almost 2000 miles and I have yet to put gas in it!

Kentcr
This might help.

Tim

2018 Honda Clarity Touring, Solar Silver
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 04:10 PM

thanks Tim66
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 08:44 PM

I have noticed that when I drive in ECON mode, whatever the level of regen I order, the gauge shows more charge return by braking than by regen. Is this what we expect to happen? I am not sure if I understand this feature...
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 10:38 AM

I noticed that using the regen paddles at 4 chevrons give more time to recharge the battery vs. braking to a stop.

But then the drivers behind me gets confused when I am regen braking without any brake lights.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sallypat View Post
I noticed that using the regen paddles at 4 chevrons give more time to recharge the battery vs. braking to a stop.

But then the drivers behind me gets confused when I am regen braking without any brake lights.
As many tailgaters as I have in this area (oil field workers in a hurry to cash their paychecks), I'd be asking for an accident by using the regen paddles with anyone riding up behind me.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcowbell View Post
As many tailgaters as I have in this area (oil field workers in a hurry to cash their paychecks), I'd be asking for an accident by using the regen paddles with anyone riding up behind me.
I'm shocked it doesn't put the brake light on!

2018 Clarity plug in- Base (Silver)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page