Honda Clarity Forum banner

What are you doing more / less during the COVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 in your area ?

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  lefty 
#1 ·
While most states are ordering their population to shelter in place / lockdown / stay at home orders, what are you doing during these times ?

I am finding while I work from home, more time for:

Family
Gardening
Cooking at home
Sunbathing (So Cal sun even in the winter)
Cleaning up the garage

Less time:
Driving
Commuting
Traffic
Shopping
Going to events

What is your list ??

#2 ·
A lot less time commuting. I've spent the last five years getting my company to a point where we can do 100% of our jobs (every single employee) from anywhere in the world so long as there's a good Wi-Fi signal.

Reactions: Kerbe and 4sallypat
#7 ·
Same here, the Clarity does not get to run on gas anymore due to the shelter in place order.

Shame when we start her up, it has over 55 miles per charge ready but rarely use 10miles.

We both are working from home so the car is our grocery getter now...

#5 ·
covid 19 response

I have gotten out about 3 times over the last 2 weeks, just went to Walmart for groceries which is only about 3.5 miles round trip from my house. I have had my Clarity for 8 months almost now and spent less than $100 on gas and have about 3100 miles on it. I could have done better but wanted to actually run the ICE some to keep it active. Until the quarantine is over I probably won't be doing anything other than getting groceries. I'm retired so there's no pressure here.

#6 ·
I have had my Clarity for 8 months almost now and spent less than $100 on gas and have about 3100 miles on it.
Mine was 7 months on the 14th - with just under 9200 miles. Most of my driving is on interstate highways in HV mode - I've not kept track of the amount of fuel purchased but, from tank to tank on long drives, I'm averaging over 48 mpg. My EV range has been hovering in the upper 30s but, now that I'm only driving around town (30 mph speed limit) I expect that number to climb.

#9 ·
This is occurring everywhere. All the more reason to push harder to migrate ground transportation to 100% EV.

Reactions: mowcowbell
#10 ·
I am driving to many state parks these days to do some hiking, avoiding the busier ones. It's been wonderful driving locally and on the highways with much less traffic. Something happened yesterday that amazed me. I was on HV Charge, going 65 mph, and my HV range went to 0. I had over 20 EV range at the time, which was enough to get me to my favorite gas station, but the car remained in HV Charge mode, for the next 15 miles, continuing to charge as I watched my EV range increase. It finally changed from HV charge to EV at 28 EV range, and the message said it had reached maximum for HV charge. I guess there must have been enough gas left to do that, even though the HV range "estimate" said 0. Nice to know there's that cushion to fall back on.

#11 ·
When a gas tank runs dry there's still gas in the fuel lines. This is what kept your ICE running after reaching "0" HV miles. This is the worst case scenario for a fuel pump - no gas in the tank to cool it but pumping air into the fuel lines to keep feeding the engine. I'm somewhat surprised your ICE didn't stutter after filling the tank - have you run in HV (Charge) mode since then?

#14 ·
MORE:
* Worrying. Typically I don't worry about much, but with my 1st year Resident son working in an overflowing COVID-19 ICU and my wife also continuing to work at a health clinic...well, our family has more on our minds than usual.

LESS:
* Using even less gas than usual with our 2018 Clarity. Since there are no trips out of town, no need to ever use gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.