Seat Comfort - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By 4sallypat
  • 1 Post By Kerbe

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Seat Comfort

Anybody find the leather seats in the Clarity Touring un-comfortable. I have the Canadian Edition which means no power seats - just front to back and recline
My question is after long trips does anyone find the seats hard on the body - the seats have no adjustments for lumbar support adjustments.
Has anyone ever heard of replacing the seats to after market
Thanks Alan
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 04:56 PM

The 2018 Touring's seats are very comfortable. Seat comfort really is dependent on the person, however.

2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Charcoal VoltShelf
2012 Cruze ECO MT (hail totaled 5/8/17 103,600 miles @42.5 MPG)
2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
2002 Pont Montana AWD - title to son at college graduation
1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazya View Post
Anybody find the leather seats in the Clarity Touring un-comfortable. I have the Canadian Edition which means no power seats - just front to back and recline
My question is after long trips does anyone find the seats hard on the body - the seats have no adjustments for lumbar support adjustments.
Has anyone ever heard of replacing the seats to after market
Thanks Alan
Power seats help, if nothing else you can easily change positions on a long trip with power seats, and then with the memory button easily put it back the way you had it. But some people find even the power seats uncomfortable. And no lumbar adjustment on the power seats either. So no guarantee that if you find the non-power seats uncomfortable on a long drive that the power seats would be much better for you.

Have not heard of replacing seats for Clarity. I'm guessing that would be problematic with the airbags and sensors in the seats. I have always been interested in custom seats on various cars that I have owned over the years but unfortunately there seems to be a small market for it so not many choices. People will spend thousands on custom wheels, so there is a huge market for that, but most people apparently are not interested in ergonomics and the effect on long term health.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:47 AM

If you need additional Lumbar support, take a look at Rostra Automotive for possible lumbar support solutions. You'll have to actually measure your seat because they don't list any for Honda right now. They'll need the seat width to find the right product.

2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Charcoal VoltShelf
2012 Cruze ECO MT (hail totaled 5/8/17 103,600 miles @42.5 MPG)
2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
2002 Pont Montana AWD - title to son at college graduation
1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 10:46 PM

I have the base model, and front seats are pretty uncomfortable. I can't believe Honda Cut cost on the front seats. Never had That problem on previous cars, 2 Toyota.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Funny, I went from 25 years of leather seats (BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover) which were becoming more and more uncomfortable as I got older.

With this base cloth/synthetic seat - these seats are the most comfortable since 20 years ago.

I guess as the body ages, shifting from the "sleek, luxury" leather to a "boring, common" cloth seat can do wonders for my less cushioned bones & muscles.....
Kerbe likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 01:30 PM

To date the only car I've driven that had lumbar support where I needed it was a Model 3. I tend to "sit up straight" and, therefore, lumbar supports usually press against my coccyx and not my lumbar spine. The seat in the M3 allowed me to raise (or lower) the point of contact, providing appropriate low-back support. That said, the construction of the Clarity Base cloth seat fits my anatomy nicely. Admittedly I've not spent more than 20 minutes in the car but have found the manual seats to be comfortable and supportive.
4sallypat likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page