Honda Clarity Plug In - Pricing - Page 6 - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 2Likes

post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sallypat View Post
Congrats!
Which color did you pick up ?
Thanks! Platinum White Pearl - beige interior.

Frame plugs not installed, tire pressure all over the place and I've not yet found a Level 2 charger that will work (I'm worried that none of the software updates have been done) - all things that the dealer ASSURED me had been done before I drove off the lot. I was told the traction battery was "at spec" when I asked that a Battery Capacity Test be taken - but a full overnight Level 1 charge (indoors) shows a range of 40 miles so I'm guessing that might have been a lie, as well. Will be going back for a "Come to Jesus" with the General Manager, the Sales Manager and the Service Manager...
post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbe View Post
Thanks! Platinum White Pearl - beige interior.

Frame plugs not installed, tire pressure all over the place and I've not yet found a Level 2 charger that will work (I'm worried that none of the software updates have been done) - all things that the dealer ASSURED me had been done before I drove off the lot. I was told the traction battery was "at spec" when I asked that a Battery Capacity Test be taken - but a full overnight Level 1 charge (indoors) shows a range of 40 miles so I'm guessing that might have been a lie, as well. Will be going back for a "Come to Jesus" with the General Manager, the Sales Manager and the Service Manager...
It is normal for the EV range estimate to be low when you first get the car then after a few charge and drive sessions it should go higher, during warm weather most people see EV range of over fifty miles. What is more important than the estimate is the actual EV range which you can verify by the using the odometer.

It has been quite common that cars on the lot had depleted batteries by the time they were sold and may have sat like that for who knows how long, certainly not what you expect but no one that I know of has reported any problems caused by that.
post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 View Post
It has been quite common that cars on the lot had depleted batteries by the time they were sold and may have sat like that for who knows how long, certainly not what you expect but no one that I know of has reported any problems caused by that.
That's reassuring - thanks! I'll report back once I get the actual readings...
post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremorchrist View Post
Any good deals in NorCal/SF Bay Area? On CarGurus and iSeeCars I see nothing under 31k for base, Touring is 34k+. And that's before TTL. Inquiring via TrueCar got the price down to 29.5k + TTL for base. Any dealers doing under 29k OTD for base, or under 31k OTD for Touring? I'm interested in MY2019, and looking to buy by Sept. end.

I am also looking for great deal in NorCal. Pls share.
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 10:31 AM

Wait till end of the year when the deals get really good.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page