Honda Dealer Inventory - Page 2 - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 1Likes

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

@mowcowbell , I agree that sunroofs are not a must have feature. A sunroof also reduces interior headroom.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 10:07 PM

If the sunroof is open it increases headroom
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:10 PM

Thank you - I do understand what you said. I sat in the vehicle a month ago (it's up on plinth in front of the dealership, surrounded by SUVs) and, at that time, the traction battery was fully charged. The demo vehicle had only 2 bars showing and the salesman who went with me on the drive knew NOTHING about the car - he even asked why I'd want "one of these when the Insight gets better mileage"...

I'm not very attractive to dealers: My current lease is up in mid-August and I lease - so no way am I going to drive out of the dealership TODAY in a new car.

They seem to have no interest in dealing as every 2018 Clarity they have hasn't sold: They want to make back their initial investment and still turn a profit and would rather have the cars rot on the lot than not make every dollar they can. Pretty shabby tactic, I think, and I doubt they'll be ordering any 2019 models...

Last edited by Kerbe; 04-10-2019 at 07:11 PM. Reason: posted before I finished!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 07:53 AM

I purchased my Clarity from a dealer twice as far from my home than the local one. The reason was when I went in for the "scheduled" test drive the battery was depleted and the salesman told me it would charge itself as we drove. I complained to the manager and he said that it was the first year for the car and it was understandable that his salesmen weren't up to speed yet. I told him the car was available since 2017 and that I was test driving a 2018 model. He didn't know what to say. I left and went to a dealer who actually wanted to sell cars. Unfortunately my driving distance for service doubled.

2018 Honda Clarity Touring, Solar Silver
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim66 View Post
I purchased my Clarity from a dealer twice as far from my home than the local one. The reason was when I went in for the "scheduled" test drive the battery was depleted and the salesman told me it would charge itself as we drove. I complained to the manager and he said that it was the first year for the car and it was understandable that his salesmen weren't up to speed yet. I told him the car was available since 2017 and that I was test driving a 2018 model. He didn't know what to say. I left and went to a dealer who actually wanted to sell cars. Unfortunately my driving distance for service doubled.
Yes, same here - drove 30 miles to get to a Honda dealer that would play ball.
Passed 4 closer dealers just to get to the deal I wanted.

Still can't believe some of these "old fashioned" dealers still have 2018 in stock - they no longer have support from the manufacturer so I don't know how they will move them off the lot since the 2019 have a $6K incentive on them....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page