Differences between Base and Touring - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 8Likes

post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Differences between Base and Touring

The Honda site is a bit confusing...

From what I can tell the Touring adds leather seats and steering, power seats driver and front passenger, and navigation. There is also some mention of being able to remotely pre-heat/cool the car with the Touring, but it is a little hard to ascertain if that is also available with the Base.

Clarification would be useful as the lease rate increases with the Touring to include the entire difference in MSRP.
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 02:24 PM

Touring adds navigation, leather, power driver & passenger seat, and leather-wrapped steering wheel.

Remote climate is available on both (I have a base model and it works fine with either the button on the remote, or the HondaLink app.)

David - Murfreesboro, TN

'2018 Honda Clarity, white
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 04:30 PM

yeah to me the difference boils down to how important is leather seats and power seats to you. If very important then pay the extra! if not then the skip it and go to the base model.
Miles777 likes this.
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 08:19 PM

I wish I had got the touring. Power seats and navigation would have been great. Leather isnt that important to me because i live in Florida. Way too hot.
But for an extra $3000, its well worth it...considering the touring is worth $1500 more in 5 years at trade in. Plus, dealer would have discounted another 10% of the price difference.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 09:23 PM

Plus touring adds memory seats in addition to power seats. Also adds "suade" trim on the dash and the doors. I think it makes the car much more upscale and well worth the price.
tterag likes this.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Touring vs Base (on a leas)

While the 5-year cost of a Touring on a purchase may be only $1500 on a three-year lease the difference is nearly the full $3000 difference in model cost, that's $1k a year versus $300 a year (projected) on a purchase.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 10:01 AM

I test drove both and found the leather too hot for me in So Cal.

I have had leather for years on my other cars which burns my legs/bottom so this time I wanted cloth.

The seats would be an issue if there were more than one driver. This one was only for me as a commute car so the manual seats is fine.

Went with the base trim and I use my work phone which has unlimited data for the navigation, apps and hot spot for other users in the car.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 11:59 AM

I believe the paint is different on the Touring also.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 01:32 PM

The base model works for couples too! My wife and I share the base model. The seat adjust is fast, manual adjust. She likes it better than the slow power adjust on the touring model. And since we have separate tastes in music, podcasts, maps, and other phone apps, the nav features of the touring model are irrelevant. We simply plug in our own phone to make our own interface.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 04:53 PM

Though the nomenclature says "Base", its actually an "EXL" model if you compare other Honda products. Clarity base brings immense value if you view price vs features. The additional 3K isn't totally justified by just leather and navigation per se.
mowcowbell likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page