Differences between Base and Touring - Page 2 - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 8Likes

post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 09:15 AM

Yes I also have the base and did not see the added value for the touring model. One of the main reasons I didnt go with the Checy Volt was the options that came standard on the Clarity was almolst non exsistant on the Volts that I looked at....they did not have adaptive cruise controll, which now that I have it I would not get a car without it. Also the lane departure systems and blind spot warning were not standard on the Volt. The fact that they are not making the car any longer was the nail in their coffin for me. after I test drove 2 Volts that were both stripped down at max price it was a no brainer to get this basically fully loaded car for 24K all in or 10K for 3 years cant be beat!
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by patdown45 View Post
Yes I also have the base and did not see the added value for the touring model. One of the main reasons I didnt go with the Checy Volt was the options that came standard on the Clarity was almolst non exsistant on the Volts that I looked at....they did not have adaptive cruise controll, which now that I have it I would not get a car without it. Also the lane departure systems and blind spot warning were not standard on the Volt. The fact that they are not making the car any longer was the nail in their coffin for me. after I test drove 2 Volts that were both stripped down at max price it was a no brainer to get this basically fully loaded car for 24K all in or 10K for 3 years cant be beat!
Yes ^^ exactly my thinking.

Volt was over rated and since it was reaching it's 200,000 car mark for incentives, I figured I'd pass because I did not want to be the 200,001 customer....
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 06:56 PM

Here's what I found:

Touring includes all features standard on Plug-In Hybrid, plus:

Remote Climate Pre-Conditioning
Leather-Trimmed Seating
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™*
Driver's Seat with 8-Way Power Adjustment and Two-Position Memory
Front Passenger's Seat with 4-Way Power Adjustment
Voice Recognition
Electronic Continuously Variable Transmission (E-CVT) with Sport Mode

Tim

2018 Honda Clarity Touring, Solar Silver
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 11:22 AM

The Touring package was well worth it to me.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 10:48 AM

I test drove a Touring model yesterday, and I have to admit those leather seats are really comfortable! There's only one other dealer in my area that has a Clarity base... will test drive that and see if I notice any difference in seating comfort. The built in navigation is of no value to me, and I'm on the fence about whether I want ultrasuede on the doors and dash for $3K more.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 03:30 PM

While the leather and power seats and leather steering wheel alone for me were the clincher on the Touring, the climate control pre-conditioning is extremely useful as it allows you to heat or cool the car while it is plugged in so you leave the house with a full charge without heating or cooling sapping power from the battery when you first set off. I used it today, a cold morning. The voice recognition is also pretty cool, for me anyway. Don't know about the transmission difference in Spot mode though. What is the difference between the Base and Touring transmission wise?
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montelatici View Post
While the leather and power seats and leather steering wheel alone for me were the clincher on the Touring, the climate control pre-conditioning is extremely useful as it allows you to heat or cool the car while it is plugged in so you leave the house with a full charge without heating or cooling sapping power from the battery when you first set off. I used it today, a cold morning. The voice recognition is also pretty cool, for me anyway. Don't know about the transmission difference in Spot mode though. What is the difference between the Base and Touring transmission wise?
You can do the climate pre-conditioning with the base model as well. Pretty sure the drive train components are identical between base and touring.
Kerbe likes this.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:43 AM

The touring option might not get you a whole lot of money extra when you sell your clarity but it will help you sell it quicker.

Tim

2018 Honda Clarity Touring, Solar Silver
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 02:10 PM

post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 02:44 PM

Is it true...

that the 2019 Clarity Touring model will not have power seats and 2 position memory seats, which the 2018 model had?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page