So, you want to buy a Clarity, but you donít live in California. Yes, it can be done - Page 3 - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 8Likes

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-22-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelwei View Post
The only thing that really bothers me is the engine coming on quite often after a full charge and stay on for 2-3 km.

Does anyone know if I can buy the BEV version of this car as I know they are only available for lease in California.
The engine comes on when the battery is full and you do any regenerative braking because it cannot do anything with the electricity being produced so it uses the excess electricity to spin the engine, which then causes the engine to start, and once the engine starts in any situation it runs until it is warmed up which is an emissions requirement. Engine startup can usually be avoided by being light on the brakes for the first mile or so until you have used up some of the battery. For example I have a short but steep section of road near my house with a stop sign at the bottom. With a less than full battery I can drive normally and basically coast down the hill and brake when I reach the bottom. But if the battery is full I have to go down the hill a bit slower so that I don't have to press the brakes as hard when I reach the stop sign, and that usually keeps the engine from coming on.

The BEV Clarity has been discontinued, only the fuel cell and PHEV versions are still being made. Also the BEV Clarity has to be returned at the end of the lease, it is not available for purchase, and thus not available for sale as a used car.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-26-2020, 06:48 PM

Garage
The Peugeot 508 is not unavailable in Canada as Peugeot have stopped importing cars into Canada in 1991. Can you buy a ex-lease Clarity BEV in California? What is the total amount of rebates available there? Cheers.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-27-2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelwei View Post
The Peugeot 508 is not unavailable in Canada as Peugeot have stopped importing cars into Canada in 1991. Can you buy a ex-lease Clarity BEV in California? What is the total amount of rebates available there? Cheers.
Yu can't buy an ex-lease Clarity BEV anywhere. They are not for sale and must be returned to Honda at lease end.

The Fit EV was the same, but they did "Re-Lease" some of them as used vehicles for 2 years.

Gary

2018 Clarity Electric (Vortex Blue)
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-05-2020, 10:14 AM

<div>
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-05-2020, 10:19 AM

Amazing! Dreams come true just like mine. Of course, charity is the best thing..but I love new ways to help, even though I couldn't afford to do it out of my savings, I decided to take a loan from a money expert. I get a free quota, and here we are paying 400 a month for three years. Putting money aside to eventually fulfill your dream is the best idea, but when you want it right now, it's best to invest monthly. It's a little different, but it's the same, you have a charity club from the beginning and you can do what you want to change.
moneyexpert.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page