Honda Clarity Forum banner

Selling my Clarity Touring

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  2002 
#1 ·
I bought my 2018 Clarity PHEV Touring in July, 2019. It is black and black, in like-new condition, with 4900 miles. I live in Portland, Oregon and am looking to sell this car as I am now retired, disabled and can no longer afford this car for my infrequent driving.

I am thinking of around 23K. If you’re in the western states and buy the car, I would consider driving it to you. Please message me if you would like more information.

DJ

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
For anyone considering this who has never had a black car, I hadn't either until I bought my Clarity and I am quite happy with it. The main reason I got black was because I wanted the black interior and that only comes with solar silver, modern steel and crystal black. I was almost going to get modern steel but then I noticed that the black exterior does a great job of hiding all of the unusual Clarity styling :cool: You hardly see the fender skirts unless you are looking for them. And it eliminates the floating front bumper effect. And it pretty much hides the air scoops on the side.

Now I'm not knocking the styling, for those who like or don't mind the styling then I'm sure you are happy with the color that you got. But for me the styling was going to take some getting used to, and by getting black I didn't have to bother as I really don't see any of it unless I am looking for it. Something to think about for those purchasing new also if the styling is pushing you away from the car, you might want to take a look at a black one.

Having a black exterior wasn't too bad during this past summer, remote climate of course helps. And I am guessing it must be helping during the winter which is actually harder on EV range. Hasn't been as hard to keep clean as I thought it would be, I guess I had been hearing horror stories and had been expecting worse.

#3 ·
Just be aware that black in black puts a heavy load on the car's A/C. The A/C will work but it takes longer to cool the interior. Keeping a black car clean really depends on the paint job - some are miserable and others are ok. From 2002's comments it sounds like Honda did one of the better jobs.

Reactions: 4sallypat
#4 ·
I'm wondering how much of the AC usage with a black car is offset by less heater usage in EV. People seem to report a heavier hit on EV range from using the heater than using AC. Clarity unfortunately doesn't have a heat pump which would be more efficient and instead uses a resistance heater to heat coolant coming into the cabin.

#8 ·
I have the same car (2018 5K miles) and the dealer would give me $22k. Yours is a Good price. Washington residents get a tax reduction on the first 16K, so about $1.6K. Dealers in WA are advertising 2018 for $26 to 28K. Subtracting premium for dealers of about 10%, and also looking at KBB, suggests car may sell for closer to $24K to private sellers.

BTW, I am looking to get a wheelchair capable truck or I would keep this Clarity.

Sorry to hear about your disability and financial situation. God Bless.

#10 ·
Does anyone think we should have a "Clarity for Sale" subforum?
I don't know, it's somewhat rare that a forum member sells their Clarity since most owners are extremely happy with their car. When it does happen for whatever reason I think a lot of us like to see what's going on, why are they selling it, how the sale is going, etc. If it became a regular occurrence then probably a subforum would be needed but I suspect we are a few years away from that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.