Need Cargo Tray recommendations for Clarity Plug-in Hybrid - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Need Cargo Tray recommendations for Clarity Plug-in Hybrid

I do deep sea fishing often, so I'd really like to get a good cargo tray to protect the trunk area, especially from spilled liquids.

Honda's cargo tray (08U45-TRT-100) is a skinny tray that only covers the lower/back section of the trunk. The middle/slope section and the forward/upper section aren't covered at all.

I searched online, but couldn't find a cargo tray that's made to cover the entire trunk area. For the "electric-only" version of the Clarity (trunk's shaped a bit differently), Honda does make a Cargo Shelf Organizer (08P11-TRW-100A) which seems to cover the forward/upper section of the trunk; but this is not available for the plug-in hybrid version's trunk...

If anyone w/ plug-in hybrid version of Clarity found a good solution, please let me know.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:19 PM

Fishiebones

This should work

https://www.weathertech.com/honda/20...d/cargo-liner/

I personally don't have one but others have said they fit great. I plan to order one eventually.

One option at least.

Hope this helps.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarity_newbie View Post
Fishiebones

This should work

https://www.weathertech.com/honda/20...d/cargo-liner/

I personally don't have one but others have said they fit great. I plan to order one eventually.

One option at least.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I checked out WeatherTech 401176, but the picture looks kinda weird, almost as if the pic was taken w/ the cargo tray placed upside down... @ $140, 15% restocking fee + shipping, I'm a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on it... Can someone who has this please confirm it does fit the plug-in-hybrid version of Clarity, or post a pic of it in the car?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clarity-cargo-tray.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	225  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:46 AM

Fishiebones

Link to another thread about trunk mats on this forum

https://www.clarityforum.com/forum/1...t.html#post653

Link to a thread on another forum specific to weathertech trunk liners

https://insideevsforum.com/community...e-6#post-60690

Either Tuxmat or Weathertech works fine. They do what they are supposed to do.

Hope this helps
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishiebones View Post
I do deep sea fishing often, so I'd really like to get a good cargo tray to protect the trunk area, especially from spilled liquids.

Honda's cargo tray (08U45-TRT-100) is a skinny tray that only covers the lower/back section of the trunk. The middle/slope section and the forward/upper section aren't covered at all.

I searched online, but couldn't find a cargo tray that's made to cover the entire trunk area. For the "electric-only" version of the Clarity (trunk's shaped a bit differently), Honda does make a Cargo Shelf Organizer (08P11-TRW-100A) which seems to cover the forward/upper section of the trunk; but this is not available for the plug-in hybrid version's trunk...

If anyone w/ plug-in hybrid version of Clarity found a good solution, please let me know.
Tuxmat and Weathertech seem to be the only options available for fitted cargo trays. Prices are similar. I think Tuxmat is more readily available in Canada than in the US, though. Amazon has the Tuxmat set of floor mats for the cabin, but not the cargo tray.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page