My beloved (Watson) Clarity was wrecked - Page 3 - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 1Likes

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Several cars ago, I had a Lexus RX450h. It was a really great car that I traded way before it's time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmode View Post
Similar changes are happening over at Lexus. Its no surprise that they`re going hybrid along with Toyota.

Would anyone here seek out a more luxurious Lexus over Toyota hybrid?

Jim Myers
2018 Clarity
White Touring
Windows tinted rear doors, rear quarter glass, & back window
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sallypat View Post
Can't believe the car is worth so little compared to MSRP in less than a year....
To calculate the starting point for depreciation, take the MSRP of the base model (even if you have the Touring model) and subtract the Federal $7,500 tax credit. Upgraded from the base MSRP "depreciates nearly to zero" the minute you sign the purchase contract.

2018 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV - Forest Green w/Tan interior (wife's car)
2017 Volt LT - Heather Gray; black bow ties, Charcoal VoltShelf
2012 Cruze ECO MT (hail totaled 5/8/17 103,600 miles @42.5 MPG)
2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
2002 Pont Montana AWD - title to son at college graduation
1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Actually AWD is standard here in the states. And on the Hybrid, the rear wheels have no connection at all to the engine, there is an electric motor and differential in the rear axel. There is a separate electric motor in the front along with the gas engine connected to the front wheels through an ECVT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sallypat View Post
Well do enjoy the new RAV4 - they do look much better than it's predecessors.
Are you getting the AWD option?

Jim Myers
2018 Clarity
White Touring
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Willing to give them up for a lunch

After my Clarity was totaled and pickings at local dealers were pretty sparse, I placed an order on the new RAV4 Hybrid in the same basic color scheme. It came in three days ago.
Prior to my Clarity being sold for salvage, somehow the really nice Honda all weather mats found their way back to my garage LOL. I'm willing to give them to someone in the Atlanta area who is willing to pick them up and maybe buy me a nice lunch. I live north of Atlanta in Roswell. There is virtually no wear on the 4 mats. They are black of course like the carpet.

If interested, please PM me with your phone # and I'll get back to you. I'll check here every couple of days.

For the record, for 8700 miles I really enjoyed the car. If another one like it had been available I would more than likely be driving it today, but..... I had no issues whatsoever and might have kept it for several years. But I also missed my SUV's and the new RAV4 (H) is really great. The limited w/everything including the panoramic s/r and all of the tech packages is $41k and averaging 42 mpg on the road so far.

Jim Myers
2018 Clarity
White Touring
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:53 AM

Hello i am bying a similar damaged honda clarity with less damage to the quarter panel,where the shoop that you send the car honda dealer,or did they have honda lastest software because i think only reseting modules will be enought to start the car
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
The insurance company had their salvage company pick the car up. Last place I followed it on the App was somewhere north of Cartersville. Not sure where it went after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by besimeta View Post
Hello i am bying a similar damaged honda clarity with less damage to the quarter panel,where the shoop that you send the car honda dealer,or did they have honda lastest software because i think only reseting modules will be enought to start the car

Jim Myers
2018 Clarity
White Touring
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:31 PM

Sorry about your accident. Glad to hear that the car was able to protect you from any physical harm. What front and rear cam did you have in your Clarity ?I want to put one in my car and wondered what model worked well. Thanks, Klexwood
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Every time I turned the car on, the camera would show the image on the screen (so I thought it was working properly). But it was mounted with a suction cup and several times when left parked in the sun I would find the camera on the floor. I guess one of the falls had put it into 'pause mode' or something because when I removed the card to watch on my computer, the last recording was nearly a year previous. Was a bummer moment or I would have posted the video of the wreck by now.

I'm in the search now for a newer and better camera with a permanent mount I can have permanently wired into some power in the mirror. IMHO suction cups are strictly for a temporary mount!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klexwood View Post
Sorry about your accident. Glad to hear that the car was able to protect you from any physical harm. What front and rear cam did you have in your Clarity ?I want to put one in my car and wondered what model worked well. Thanks, Klexwood

Jim Myers
2018 Clarity
White Touring
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 08:09 AM

Thanks all for your help./

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page