Honda Clarity Hondalink App - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Honda Clarity Hondalink App

Does this App actually work for anyone? I have owned my Clarity for about 18 months now. It has been at the dealer 4 times, and I've spent 6-8 hours on the phone to Corporate Customer Support in Torrance, including 2-3 of those hours sitting in my car. The Hondalink App has never worked properly since the car was new, and nobody from Honda neither knows how, or cares about fixing it!
Originally, it would not retrieve the mileage statistics or battery charge level, unless you first turned on and then off the Climate control. However the "send to car" feature worked OK. Recently an App update (Android) was pushed which made the App even worse. Now neither the mileage statistics, battery charge level or "send to car" feature work. (The user interface is a bit fancier though) Corporate says take it to a dealer, dealer says talk to Corporate. I've tried the App on both Android and iOS - neither work for me. On a related note the Odometer originally used to routinely display battery charge levels up to 1000 miles! Four months after reporting this, the dealer did a software update on the main console that fixed it! I've owned a Volt previously. It had minor software bugs too. However they were fixed in days to weeks, and their reps seemed to care about getting them fixed. I'm eager to hear if anyone has actually got Hondalink to work. Please share your experiences.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:57 AM

Garage
Quirky app

Yep, but I'm not sure whether the app upgrade made it better or worse. It definitely needs some work. When I did the upgrade, some things like showing updated mileage and charging issues just didn't work or didn't work properly. I deleted it and re-installed it on my Samsung Note-9 and it seems a little better but still has glitches. For instance, every time I get into the car and power up, I get a 'message' tone on my phone as it connects but I can live with it. Now the other features are working better as well but still trying to decide if it's even worth having. Guess I'll stick it out awhile longer hoping for an upgrade. I think all the current model Honda's are having the same app issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronron View Post
Does this App actually work for anyone? I have owned my Clarity for about 18 months now. It has been at the dealer 4 times, and I've spent 6-8 hours on the phone to Corporate Customer Support in Torrance, including 2-3 of those hours sitting in my car. The Hondalink App has never worked properly since the car was new, and nobody from Honda neither knows how, or cares about fixing it!
Originally, it would not retrieve the mileage statistics or battery charge level, unless you first turned on and then off the Climate control. However the "send to car" feature worked OK. Recently an App update (Android) was pushed which made the App even worse. Now neither the mileage statistics, battery charge level or "send to car" feature work. (The user interface is a bit fancier though) Corporate says take it to a dealer, dealer says talk to Corporate. I've tried the App on both Android and iOS - neither work for me. On a related note the Odometer originally used to routinely display battery charge levels up to 1000 miles! Four months after reporting this, the dealer did a software update on the main console that fixed it! I've owned a Volt previously. It had minor software bugs too. However they were fixed in days to weeks, and their reps seemed to care about getting them fixed. I'm eager to hear if anyone has actually got Hondalink to work. Please share your experiences.

Jim Myers
2018 Clarity
White Touring
Windows tinted rear doors, rear quarter glass, & back window
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:11 PM

MY19 base here and everything works except schedule climate (sits at spinner after clicking enable). I reported the issue and they confirmed it (Samsung Galaxy S9). They would try and get back to me in 1-2 weeks with more info.
I wish the app included trip A/B and maybe last trip. kWh usage would be neat too.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 12:05 AM

Mine works perfectly. I use climate every day in Florida. Shows current miles. Range, and I schedule charging.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page