car seat covers - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

car seat covers

Hello world! I got my Clarity a few months ago and the seats are so light I need to get seat covers. I still have the full tank from the dealership and just hit 1k miles.

But I already got a stain on my seats and realized I need to protect this thing as much as I can. I need recommendations on seat covers. I've looked on ebay and clazzio, but ebay has funky looking covers and clazzio is going to break my bank.

There's 2 companies that I found online but have no experience with seat covers so I need help!

www.decorauto.com
www.coverking.com

Anyone got input?
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 04:33 PM

Garage
Try going to your local auto-parts store and show them what your issue is. They'll put the right product for your situation in your hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nochair2break View Post
Hello world! I got my Clarity a few months ago and the seats are so light I need to get seat covers. I still have the full tank from the dealership and just hit 1k miles.

But I already got a stain on my seats and realized I need to protect this thing as much as I can. I need recommendations on seat covers. I've looked on ebay and clazzio, but ebay has funky looking covers and clazzio is going to break my bank.

There's 2 companies that I found online but have no experience with seat covers so I need help!

www.decorauto.com
www.coverking.com

Anyone got input?

Jim Myers
2018 Clarity
White Touring
Windows tinted rear doors, rear quarter glass, & back window
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiter View Post
Try going to your local auto-parts store and show them what your issue is. They'll put the right product for your situation in your hands.
They don't know any place for seat covers.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 09:39 PM

I thought about seat covers also, however I noticed an "air bag" tag on the side of the front seats. Do the front seats have side air bags? If they do then a seat cover may defeat these features.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 02:59 PM

Although I won't recommend it but have seen some people consider it, disabling the air bags in that section could be a way around.

In all my 2 decades of driving I never got into an accident. Even with all we can't control we sure can influence what other drivers on the road do.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
I thought about seat covers also, however I noticed an "air bag" tag on the side of the front seats. Do the front seats have side air bags? If they do then a seat cover may defeat these features.
i actually put in an order at www.decorauto.com for covers. they come with the side airbag alterations in it so that it will rip apart when the airbag deploys. do NOT disable the airbag!

i will let you guys know of the fit and quality!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page