Climate Control Blower Only - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2020, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Climate Control Blower Only

I have a Clarity Touring 2019. How do you run only the blower in the clarity and not have the heat come on? I have turned off the climate control set the blower for low and yet the heat still comes on.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2020, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemell View Post
I have a Clarity Touring 2019. How do you run only the blower in the clarity and not have the heat come on? I have turned off the climate control set the blower for low and yet the heat still comes on.
Set the temperature to LO. Be sure that the dual climate is set for sync, or else make sure the right side is set to LO also, but sync is easier. To avoid the LO setting from possibly turning on AC, press the OFF button on the climate screen so that it is illuminated. Just having both the ON and OFF buttons not illuminated will not shut off AC, the OFF button has to be illuminated.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2020, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. What a pain in the a$$ for what should be just a switch setting. This is a Honda fail.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemell View Post
Thanks for the info. What a pain in the a$$ for what should be just a switch setting. This is a Honda fail.
In the summer it's not so bad as you don't have to worry about the heater coming on, so it's just a matter of pressing the climate button then pressing the OFF button to turn off AC. But in mild weather you have to add the step of turning the temperature to LO. You don't really have to, and I don't always, but then the heater might come on a little bit at times to try and maintain your set temperature.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page