"Anti Theft System Lost Power" Error - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ukemike

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-10-2020, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

"Anti Theft System Lost Power" Error

I haven't been driving much at all lately. The last two times I've driven my car I get an error on the touchscreen:

Anti Theft System
This system has lost power. Push and hold the power button for more than two seconds to enable the system

No functions on the touch screen work anymore except for the right turn camera, and maybe the backup camera (I don't remember that since I use my mirrors for backing 99% of the time)

I've pressed and held the power button for more than two seconds. I did it immediately on seeing the error. I turned off the car and did it from that state. I tried it from accessory mode. I've tried it in each case for just a bit more than 2 seconds, and for varying time up to 10 seconds.

Anyone else ever encounter this? I am without android auto, without radio or other sound, without fine control over the climate control, etc. This was one of my big concerns buying a new car with so much built into a touch screen interface. I hate to see this happen.

-Mike

2019 Clarity PHEV Touring
2013 Fit MT
1993 Accord endurance racing car
SF Bat Area
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-10-2020, 05:31 PM

It's pretty much an innocuous error and easy to fix, the power button that they are referring to is the audio system power button, the one in the upper left hand corner of the infotainment screen. Press and hold that for a few seconds and the infotainment screen will reboot and the error should go away. The error message is poorly worded, don't worry you aren't the first to think it meant the main power button, in fact I think I did also the first time I got the error.

The error has to do with the audio system anti-theft protection, if the head unit loses power then it thinks maybe it was stolen and installed in another car, so it wants to resync and verify that it is in the right car, which requires a reboot of the audio system. Instead of rebooting automatically, which might come at a bad time (like when you are backing out of the driveway) they want the driver to manually initiate the reboot. Which makes sense, but they should improve on the message and make it more clear what button you are supposed to press.

As a side note, if you ever have a bizarre problem with any part of the infotainment system, rebooting by pressing and holding the audio power button will often fix it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-10-2020, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much! That message IS badly worded, especially since the audio power button doesn't say "power" and isn't really a button. I just tried it and it worked. :-)
2002 likes this.

-Mike

2019 Clarity PHEV Touring
2013 Fit MT
1993 Accord endurance racing car
SF Bat Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page