Hi all, just a friendly reminder that Garmin will support GPS updates for 5 years on your Clarity. They typically release 4 updates per year (once a quarter). Here is how to update.
1) Grab yourself a USB stick that is at least 16GB in size.
2) Format it as FAT32. Windows 10 will not let you do this, so use one of many apps out there. I used FAT32 Format. Downloadable from here by clicking the big screenshot of on the page - Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd
During the format leave all settings on default, and make sure that the drive letter corresponds to your USB stick, you dont want to be formatting some other drive.
3) Once formatted plug in the USB stick into your clarity, driver side USB port (same one as CarPlay).
4) Go to Navigation -> Settings -> Device -> Update Map
5) This process will take a few seconds, it is basically putting information about your car on the stick, including the serial number of you GPS, so do not share this info with anyone.
6) Bring the USB stick back to the computer and download Garmin Express from the link here - https://honda.garmin.com/honda/site/generalInstructions
7) Install and run Garmin Express, it will detect your Clarity and let you add it as a system. It will then tell you what version maps you have and when your updates expire. Proceed through the menus and start update download.
This process will start out saying it will take 4 hours, but it took about 10 minutes for me (highly dependent on your internet connection).
8) Once it finishes it will look like this - https://imgur.com/a/WkwgRSI
Take the USB stick back to your car, once there run through the same steps you did in step 4. It will start pulling the maps from the USB stick to your car. This process will definitely take a while, so bring a book, or a gaming console or a podcast to listen to. (Took me about 30 min)
When progress bar is on the screen, do not back out, as it will cancel the process and you will have to restart from step 8. So pick the audio channel etc before you start the update.
Hope this helped you guys!