Just picked up our 2019 Touring - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By B95054

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Just picked up our 2019 Touring

After having owned well over 50 cars in my life, and many of them new, I sort of lost the excitement of bringing a new car home. That is until yesterday when we brought our 2019 Touring PHEV home. It is soooo freaking cool and I am over the moon. Hopefully it lives up to all of the good reviews that we are reading. Ours is Crimson with a tan interior. Just got the rear 5 windows tinted (20%) today. I am looking forward to participating in this group and learning from all of you experienced ev owners.
mowcowbell likes this.

2019 Touring located just upside of Vancouver BC
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 11:28 AM

Garage
Good choice. I have the white Touring model bought last May and have not looked back since. Big car nut like you but maybe even more extreme. Have owned north of 200 cars total new & used. In my case I was 20 years in the retail side of cars so.....

Had my back 5 tinted as well. One downside is the rear window has such a rake the view out the back glass is not nearly as good with the tint as before the tint. That said, it does help keep the heat down in the summer as well as offer more privacy.

Mine will probably turn 7500 miles today which isn't much so I try to invent trips on the hwy to burn a little gas so it doesn't go stale LOL. That said I probably haven't burned 20 gallons total yet. Being retired and driving less than 20 miles per day makes this car a real bargain to drive. Planning a trip to Nashville in a month or so and will get a real feel for 'on the road' mpg.

I drank the kool aid an installed a Level II station in my garage last June. Haven't looked back on that decision either. It cuts on at 11PM when the rates drop to near nothing so my biggest cost of ownership other than the purchase price is insurance. Not to shabby for a nice looking car with plenty of room. Just waiting for Honda to make a CRV model in PHEV .
Quote:
Originally Posted by B95054 View Post
After having owned well over 50 cars in my life, and many of them new, I sort of lost the excitement of bringing a new car home. That is until yesterday when we brought our 2019 Touring PHEV home. It is soooo freaking cool and I am over the moon. Hopefully it lives up to all of the good reviews that we are reading. Ours is Crimson with a tan interior. Just got the rear 5 windows tinted (20%) today. I am looking forward to participating in this group and learning from all of you experienced ev owners.

Jim Myers
2018 Clarity
White Touring
Windows tinted rear doors, rear quarter glass, & back window
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 12:08 PM

[QUOTE=Cruiter;2773]Good choice. I have the white Touring model bought last May and have not looked back since. Big car nut like you but maybe even more extreme. Have owned north of 200 cars total new & used. "

My experience - don't think I have owned 200 cars or even 50, but maybe close to fifty. I've owned some very nice and fun to drive cars (Mercedes and Porches) and practical cars and trucks also. I feel the same way about the Clarity. Enjoyable to drive and I drive this car exclusively even though I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a F150 4WD. The Clarity has some things most drivers need to adjust to - the biggest is that when the ICE runs (and it does so unexplainable at time) the engine noise is unrelated to speed. Don't instinctively let up on the accelerator just because it suddenly make more noise than you think it should. I agree that a level 2 charger is a good thing to add. I can make multiple trips in a day since getting one.

i
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 12:06 PM

I'm glad to see Honda is making a 2019 model. A quick 300 mile search on Autotrader in my area only shows 2018 models still on dealer lots. With the Chevy Volt going away, Honda is now the big gun in the PHEV market.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B95054 View Post
If you don't mind me asking what is it about this car that excites an old salt like you?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page