How to reproduce:
1. Using the "i" button on the steering wheel, select the "gear" icon, and then "Vehicle Settings"
2. Select Charging Timer, and turn it "ON"
3. Set the start time and end time to be what's appropriate for non-peak electrical pricing. In my area in the San Francisco Bay Area, that non-peak window is from 9 pm - 4 pm (21:00 to 16:00) daily
4. Plug in the Clarity at 8 pm, the charging starts properly at 9 pm
5. Plug in the Clarity after 9 pm, let's say at 9:30 pm, the green LED next to the plug flashes about 6 times, and goes out. Expected charging does NOT happen.
6. An annoying but successful workaround
A. Using the "i" button on the steering wheel, select the "gear" icon, and then "Vehicle Settings"
B. Select Charging Timer, and turn it "OFF"
C. Plug in the charger
D. Charging begins
In my opinion, if you plug it in at any time during the configured charging window, charging should begin
. I called the HondaLink hotline, and reported the issue to Honda. They said my description of the issue was "how it was designed to work". Seems like a poor design, as in my opinion, charging should start at anytime the vehicle is plugged in, during the approved timer window - right?