On a market for a new Honda Clarity plug-in hybrid 2018 - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kerbe

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Question On a market for a new Honda Clarity plug-in hybrid 2018

Hi,
My name Alex and I'm on a market to buy Honda Clarity Plug-in hybrid 2018. Wondering if I could get a good inside from owners about the car.
Thanks.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 09:42 AM
tom

I love this car. I bought the touring version, but you can save $3000 and get the regular version, you just don't get leather seats and steering wheel, electric adjustable seats, and GPS. Since it has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, you can just use the GPS from the phone. And how often do you adjust your seat? Finally, the faux leather of the standard model is very nice and looks and feels like leather.

For the touring, the first dealer I negotiated with would not come down much from list so I went to another dealer who beat them by $1000. I think I paid about $33,500 for the Touring model.

Since then I am averaging about 350 miles/gallon. I drive about 65 miles per day, but I installed a 240v charging system (about $600 installed) at work so I can charge there empty to full in just over 2 hours. Using the equipped 120v charger at home takes about 12 hours.

Performance is great for me especially in Sport mode. If you run out of electric, it is a bit slow, but I am rarely without electric. Also, you can charge the battery while driving on the highway so you have snappy performance when you get off the highway.

I got the deep forest green which looks black to most people.

Can't recommend this car enough!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 01:45 PM
Anh

I just bought this vehicle two months ago. I have to say it is better than my Prius. Don’t get your hope about the battery range because it is not accurate.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I got mine 2 months ago and love it!

The battery range everyone is complaining about is the expected range per charge.

For those that use the climate control heating, the EV range will be very low.
If you live in the Southwest part of the US, we don't use the heater so we get very high EV ranges.

Depends on where you live, how cold it gets and how much heating you expect to use.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 11:39 AM

Cars, like mattresses, are a subjective experience: My insights may be totally irrelevant to you - so I'll offer some advice.

Try to find a dealer who has actually sold or leased a Clarity - and, preferably, one how has serviced a Clarity: Some dealers seem to be under-informed about the vehicle. Check cargurus.com to see how long the vehicles have been sitting on the dealer's lot - I test-drove one that had been sitting there 414 days... Take an extended test-drive - try to drive on roads you usually drive - maybe even simulate your commute.
4sallypat likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
I love this car. I bought the touring version, but you can save $3000 and get the regular version, you just don't get leather seats and steering wheel, electric adjustable seats, and GPS. Since it has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, you can just use the GPS from the phone. And how often do you adjust your seat? Finally, the faux leather of the standard model is very nice and looks and feels like leather.

For the touring, the first dealer I negotiated with would not come down much from list so I went to another dealer who beat them by $1000. I think I paid about $33,500 for the Touring model.

Since then I am averaging about 350 miles/gallon. I drive about 65 miles per day, but I installed a 240v charging system (about $600 installed) at work so I can charge there empty to full in just over 2 hours. Using the equipped 120v charger at home takes about 12 hours.

Performance is great for me especially in Sport mode. If you run out of electric, it is a bit slow, but I am rarely without electric. Also, you can charge the battery while driving on the highway so you have snappy performance when you get off the highway.

I got the deep forest green which looks black to most people.

Can't recommend this car enough!
Question have you seen anything that would compare the regular Clarity with the Touring on one page? I could really care less about the leather but I do care about the electronics and the safety stuff.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page