What Makes the Three 2018 Honda Clarity Models Different? - 2018 Honda Clarity Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Administrator

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Post What Makes the Three 2018 Honda Clarity Models Different?

There are few certainties in this world, and one of the most uncertain is the type of technology that will eventually replace the gasoline-powered engine.

Electricity, hydrogen, compressed natural gas – there is no shortage of ideas but as for which one will ultimately fuel our transportation in the model year 2099? That’s less clear.

What is clear is Honda has wisely cashed in a few of its chips to create a vehicle series that offers customers an array of electrified powertrain choices in one spacious and well-equipped five-passenger sedan. The Clarity, designed as a platform that can accept more than one type of propulsion system, can be equipped as either a plug-in hybrid (PHEV), a pure electric (BEV), or a hydrogen vehicle (FC).

All of the Clarity models share major exterior styling cues. Up front, one will find a dramatic set of LEDs, sculpted here to creatively move the wind around so the car can punch a neater hole in the air. Alert shoppers will spy functional air scoops on the car’s body ahead of the rear wheels, just like a Ferrari 458 Italia. OK, maybe not just like the 458, but the scoops are functional, designed to cheat the wind and divert air over the rear wheels. This creates an “air curtain” to reduce wind resistance and increase range, no matter the powertrain configuration.

[Read More]
4sallypat likes this.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 04:13 PM

I was a big fan on the exterior styling changes which weren't common in past Honda generations regardless of the model. The only exception were some Acura's. I guess Honda/Acura only changes when it means not sinking the brand even more.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 04:18 PM

I was a big fan on the exterior styling changes which weren't common in past Honda generations regardless of the model. The only exception were some Acura's. I guess Honda/Acura only changes when it means not sinking the brand even more.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page