Honda Clarity Forum banner

Software updates

23K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  ClarityDave 
#1 ·
Had all four updates done today, but according to the Honda tech, mine is one of two reported instances nationwide where things did not go as planned. What should have taken 45 minutes took about 7 hours. Required a battery reset and who knows what else.
Terry

#3 ·
According to the work order, PHEV EVTEC failure misdirection, PHEV abnormal water temperature reading, PHEV emissions warranty cd product update, and the most publicized, PHEV incorrect range display. Never had problems regarding the first three that I am aware of.
Terry

#4 ·
Windshield wipers and software updates

I dropped mine off at the dealer yesterday to get the windshield wipers checked; they don't seem to be stopping in the same place once they get close to the glass trim, and were on some passes actually whacking up against the glass trim, then on the next pass it may do it again or stop properly about a half inch away before moving back down towards the hood. Strange but I suggested they try to adjust so it is farther away from the trip on each pass to ensure it never hits the trim.

Anyway, I asked the advisor to look up any software/firmware updates for the car and he found the same four mentioned above. I will post further if there are any issues with them.

My range seems to be accurate, although yesterday morning (the third time I have ever bought gas) I filled it up, took about 1.7 gallons, and gauge looked to be about 3/4 full. I pulled out on highway to about 60 mph and noticed that the fuel gauge did not move to full. It took about two miles of driving before it moved to full, and the overall range did not go up, it stayed the same as before I had filled the tank.

Not sure if THIS situation is what one of the software updates addresses. I also did not pay attention to to how long the gauge took to read full or the overall range the other two times I have purchased gas.

Anyone else have similar issues with the gas guage thing or windshield wipers?

#6 ·
Gas gauge indicator

I dropped mine off at the dealer yesterday to get the windshield wipers checked; they don't seem to be stopping in the same place once they get close to the glass trim, and were on some passes actually whacking up against the glass trim, then on the next pass it may do it again or stop properly about a half inch away before moving back down towards the hood. Strange but I suggested they try to adjust so it is farther away from the trip on each pass to ensure it never hits the trim.

Anyway, I asked the advisor to look up any software/firmware updates for the car and he found the same four mentioned above. I will post further if there are any issues with them.

My range seems to be accurate, although yesterday morning (the third time I have ever bought gas) I filled it up, took about 1.7 gallons, and gauge looked to be about 3/4 full. I pulled out on highway to about 60 mph and noticed that the fuel gauge did not move to full. It took about two miles of driving before it moved to full, and the overall range did not go up, it stayed the same as before I had filled the tank.

Not sure if THIS situation is what one of the software updates addresses. I also did not pay attention to to how long the gauge took to read full or the overall range the other two times I have purchased gas.

Anyone else have similar issues with the gas guage thing or windshield wipers?
Yes, I noticed the gas gauge problem you described once or twice.
Terry

#7 ·
My loaner was a 2019 Insight, and when I topped it off it too took a little bit for the gauge to reset back to full. It rained all the way home from work yesterday and the stupid windshield wipers are still whacking the trim on some passes, both sides. I am not going to bother to take it in again I will wait until it is in for something else. Pretty noisy as well, the rubber seems to drag across the glass in spots. Mine was in the showroom for quite a while so maybe it already needs the blades replaced. Again, curious to know if anyone else has issues with the wipers.....

#8 ·
noisy wipers

Yes, my wipers are very noisy, they make a banging sound every time they hit the end of their leftward swipe. I'd asked the dealer about it and he replaced the wipers but the problem persisted. i'm hoping there are aftermarket wipers that will work better. Anyone have any suggestions?

#9 ·
Let me know if you decide to go that route. Mine is again at the dealer for other problems, and I told them to try and do something about the wipers AGAIN. Seems to me a 36k car should not need aftermarket wipers, but I am willing to try if anyone has any recommendations as well. Beginning to wish I had kept my Fit......

#17 ·
I HATE those wipers. Wipers on a much older patrol car I drive are so much better. My wipers always leave a smudge right where I need to look, but anytime I need to go to the dealer, hours are invested. Since it never rains in California (haha), its not worth the time to get it "looked at".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.